May 22, 2020
Mike Robbins is the author of five books, including his brand new title,
We’re All in this Together: Creating a team culture of high performance, trust, and belonging.
For the past 20 years, he’s been a sought-after speaker and consultant who delivers keynotes and seminars for some of the top organizations in the world.
His clients include Google, Wells Fargo, Microsoft, Genentech, ebay, Harvard University, Gap, Linkedin, the Oakland A’s, and many others.
He and his work have been featured in the New York Times and the Harvard Business Review, as well as on NPR and ABC news. He’s a regular contributor to Forbes, hosts his own podcast (called we’re all in this together), and his books have been translated into 15 different languages.
His purpose is to show up authentically, trust myself and life, and love myself with compassion…and remind other people to do these important things as well.
To learn more about Mike, please go to his website: https://mike-robbins.com/
what you will hear on this podcast:
- drafted by the New York Yankees right out of high school and didn’t sign because he went to Stanford, played ball there and was then drafted again by the Kansas City Royals
- thinking one way and suddenly seeing the world differently
- the pivot point of getting injured and what that would have looked like had he not gone to Stanford
- the experience of going to a high level university; the relationships made there and the connections that come from that.
- what confronted him once he got into Stanford?
- how he moved from the place of I don’t belong here to fitting in
- the imposter syndrome experience he experienced
- the role of vulnerability in the experience of connection
- depression, the family curse and reaching out for help
- being different and still learning how to play the game and the challenge of how to be yourself in doing this.
- what it is about us that makes playing the game so important that we forget to be ourselves
- the dialogue of the child, the adolescent and the adult
- what he noticed at Stanford
- what is the current injury in his life that is keeping him from going where he wants to go now?
- the benefit and challenge of the story we create
- what would all the pieces of his story be saying to him now if he would only listen
- putting together the internal aspects of our life and bringing it all together
- the experience of watching his dad die
- the time we spend worrying
- the most basic connection we have and how society teaches us to block it out
- what does he really want to say to people in his book “we are all in this together”.
- playing ball and being on a team and the magic of that
- what creates team?
- the inner guidance he received around the title of his book.
Here are his social links/handles:
- LinkedIn: @Mrobbins
- Facebook: @MikeRobbinsPage
- Twitter: @MikeDRobbins
- Instagram: @MikeDRobbins
to learn more about Danny
to get a copy of The Mosaic go to,
or get it on amazon by going to: