May 16, 2020
Dr. Adrienne MacIain is a professional storytelling coach, brand aligner, podcaster, published author, and content creator who delights in using her PhD in Drama to help people spin the mucky straw of life experience into narrative gold.
She is the creator and host of the That’s Aloud podcast, where she uses her unique story discernment process to help folks tell the stories they’re not telling.
Video game fans may recognize her as the voice of multiple characters from the Nancy Drew HER Interactive series, Artemis from Super Monday Night Combat, or Nina and Bonnibel from Crush-Crush.
to learn more about her, checkout her website: https://www.thatsaloud.com
or find all of her social media handles on her linktree
what you will hear on this podcast:
- how she brought out in me in her podcast the conversation I have longed to have on many podcasts, and how thankful I am to her for doing that. her podcast, That’s Aloud Podcast
- is it possible to know each other longer than we know each other?
- the story about she and her husband came together
- what happens in that pivot point where we see someone we have seen before suddenly completely differently
- the power of story
- the availability of possibility – we are one piece away from an entirely new reality
- holding onto what we have because we are too scared to let of it so that something new can come in – what stories are you holding onto . . .
- the experience of being seen
- seeing the person I wanted to be when I was with him and I loved her
- the feeling of truly being loved
- the myriad of reasons we make up to stay where we are when those reasons are not true
- our brief rant on health care and our exit out
- how she realized her purpose
- why it is so important to tell our story
- a story of abuse and the sad lesson she learned from it and how telling the story frees her from it
- and we then unpacked it by going underneath even the story that freed her
- why don’t people tell their stories ?
- seeing the meaning of the story for other people too
- how does story help brand alignment ?
- what is it in the corporate world that makes people scared to tell their story
- why do we all grow up with fear of failure? how did that story take hold? and walking back that story?
- what has she found that allows people to drop their walls and tell their story without shame of being flawed?
- a vulnerable share
- a call to the community to help each other
to learn more about Danny, please go to:
you can get a copy of The Mosaic at:
or on amazon at: