Dec 26, 2019
I found Lorna Davis through listening to her TedTalk. She is brilliant, funny and offers such a fresh perspective on life.
i think you will find that same quality of fresh perspective in our conversation together in this podcast. i certainly did.
Lorna Davis transforms the way leaders operate so that they can incorporate social, environmental and financial priorities into their business performance.
Lorna inspires, coaches and provokes leaders to use business as a force for good. She runs group workshops, coaches individuals and is a highly sought after keynote speaker. She also serves on the board of a number of organizations that are committed to having meaningful purpose.
Lorna is now based in New York City where she runs Lorna Davis and Associates, working as a coach, speaker and facilitator.
She is a Global Ambassador for the B Corp movement. Lorna is passionate about wildlife conservation, particularly the plight of the African rhino.
Sit back and relax so that your mind and heart can absorb The Experience of Being Human.
On this podcast you will hear:
- a conversation around different perspectives seeing the same point
- the power of curiosity living in a constricted environment
- the practice of following threads
- instead of a plan, take the next step that appears to be obvious
- go back to the last time you felt alive and connect to htat and then take the next obvious step
- the importance of finding the connection to your own joy
- the most powerful object she owns is a snow globe. hear why.
- the settled mind vs. the thought storm
- the simplicity of just doing the obvious
- how we achieve settled mind
- the reward and pain of the hero mind
- the assumptions around if this happens, I will be safe.
- the power of just noticing
- the intrigue of the human condition
- anchoring ourselves in something that is in the present moment
- a short discussion on Ram Dass and his passing
- the illusion of being separate and the human condition
- the love of the attachment of being a human
- reflections back on seeing how what we were connects to the what we are now
- listen to a story of perspective and how relative it is
- spend time with people living different lives than you live
- the hangover experience
- just knowing whatever we are going through will pass brings comfort
- the trap of waiting for it to come
- how afraid we are of pain
- the experience of being human
- the chemical impact of a thought is 90 seconds
- in conversation with others is often where we get most stuck. watch the stories we say over and over again t the people we speak to and see if you can change the way we tell those stories.
- we practice stories that we tell others that keep us stuck
- experience the way you are telling your stories to others
to learn more about Lorna Davis, please go to the following resources:
listen to her Ted Talk:
to learn more about Daniel Levin, please go to the following resources:
to buy Danny’s book, The Mosaic, please go here: http://a.co/dvgsgG3