Shawn Harper’s accomplishments as a motivational speaker were not achieved over night it was a process that stemmed from childhood.
Shawn’s childhood was marked with poverty, by 5th Grade he was documented with five learning disabilities, stuttering, academic failure, drugs, and alcohol. This was a process he had to endure to develop strength of character to become the confident man he is today.
He is a former NFL offensive lineman who played a total of seven seasons with the Rams, the Oilers, the Colts, and NFL Europe. Since 2004 he has owned and operates American Services and Protection, a multi-million-dollar security services firm headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. A Motivational Speaker and an Author. His journey from the grit and sweat of the NFL locker room to the corporate culture of the boardroom proved that he could win in both worlds by using many of the same principles and strategies!
As a powerful, nationally-recognized motivational speaker, Shawn Harper has inspired countless individuals and corporations such as Dow Chemical, Northwest Mutual, Beach Body, Chambers Of Commerce, Michigan Aggregates Association and Goodwill Industries to maximize their resources, harness their potential, and manifest their vision. Growth and reproduction in the areas of leadership, capacity, teamwork, adversity, and communications are the hallmarks of winners.
Harper understands that on the journey to victory, obstacles will arise and challengers will push back, but he believes that “a setback is just a setup for a comeback”!
Discover more about the concepts that catapulted him to the front of the line in his book “The Winning Edge, 8 Principles that Will Bring Out the Winner in You” on Amazon.com and visit his website at shawnharper.org.
What you will hear on this podcast:
- The feeling that comes when you meet someone and feel them without even knowing them
- Who you are is not who you will always be, it is just who you are in this moment
- Hear his “Let’s go, Let’s win” attitude.
- Feel the influence his mom had on him and the haunting he experienced when his father left
- Hear his victor – victim profiles
- The dream that carried him to the life he is living now. Never allow life to steal your dream from you. When you lose your dream you lose your life.
- Moving from creation to manifestation
- The difference between success and winning
- Going through vs. Going to
- What it means to be created as a winner? You were born a winner. And the Christian belief that we were born sinners. How to these 2 beliefs intersect.
- If you don’t know who you are, you will be who they say you are.
- The comeback story of his dad
- What becomes possible when we see life as a relay race and what that metaphor shows us.
- That moment when all the pain of the separation turned into the acceptance and forgiveness of who people are.
- Give and Forgive.
- If there was no resistance, no pain and no adversity, your life has no purpose. That is the preparation for another assignment you are being given.
- The importance of celebrating the process of pain.
- Know the difference between if you are hurt or injured
- Superman and Kryptonite
- Hear what he has to say to the people who have lost their dream
- The people behind the people. The importance of team.
- How seeing the dream and playing on a team allows you to move out of your comfort zone.
- Hear hon ow what you focus on becomes your reality.
- And much, much more
or on Amazon: http://a.co/dvgsgG3